At Loch Ness Cruises and our booking office agents Celtic Crafts Gift Shop, the beauty of our natural environment is an integral part of our visitor experience. Therefore we encourage the conservation of our natural resources and promote effective environmental management procedures throughout the companies.
We also actively encourage visitors to behave in a responsible manner and by following a few simple steps, every visitor can enjoy a better holiday experience and also play their part in conserving our natural environment, wildlife and cultural heritage. Please read our Responsible Visitor Guide
Our Aims and Objectives
· We monitor energy consumption and encourage energy saving measures wherever possible
· We promote environmental awareness as part of our staff training and induction
· Wherever possible, we will choose suppliers that have an environmental policy
Initiatives and Actions
· Ensure that computers, monitors and printers are switched off overnight
· Use of Fair Trade products wherever possible.
· Use of 100% recycled paper in our office
· Minimise pollution by using biodegradable and environmentally friendly cleaning products
· Provide transport to and from our cruise departure point
· Minimise waste by recycling paper, ink cartridges and old mobile phones
· Reduce the use of paper by using e-mail instead of letters or fax
· Use a DC to AC inverter for providing power on the boat for running electrical equipment
· Provide spillage kits to prevent pollution
· Use composting bins for all organic waste
Supporting the local environment
· As members of the Loch Ness Harbour Company we have planted trees and plants at the harbour to provide a home for birds and insects
· Encourage the use of local food and drink producers
· Promote energy saving and recycling among staff at work and at home
· Provide details of local bars and restaurants to encourage our visitors to help the local economy and environment.